Join us for 5th annual Hunger Free Kentucky Day at the State Capitol!
Wednesday January 17th, 2018
On-line registration is now closed; please call 859-986-7422 for more information.
#HungerFreeKyDay #FeedingKY #F2FB
Anti-hunger advocates from across Kentucky will come together to share their expertise with policy makers, provide a voice for struggling Kentuckians, and advocate for increased resources to fight hunger in Kentucky.
Agenda. (Click here to download a PDF of the agenda).
- 8:00 a.m. ET. Registration – Annex cafeteria.
- 8:00 – 9:30. Breakfast with legislators – Annex cafeteria.
- 9:30 – 12:45. Meetings with legislators – Annex: various offices.
- 10:00. Optional Capitol tour. Meet at tour desk in Capitol building.
- 9:30 – 12:45. Optional legislative committee meetings – Annex.
- 11:30 – 12:45. Lunch on your own as schedule allows.
- 1:00. Rally in the Rotunda – Capitol Building, 1st floor.
- 2:00. Opening prayer given by a food pantry representative in the House and Senate.
- 2:00. Resolutions declaring Hunger Free KY Day in the House and Senate.
- 3:00 – 5:00. Meetings with legislators as schedule allows.
Click here for Rally agenda.
Click here for Talking Points for meetings with legislators.
Click here for Advocacy Tool Kit with more information on legislator visits.
Click here for directions and other information.
Click here for legislator visit report form (kafb.org/2018-visit)
Location: State Capitol Building
700 Capital Avenue
There is no cost to participate in the event and breakfast is provided. Lunch will be on your own in the Annex Cafeteria.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-986-7422.