Join us to take a stand against hunger!
Hunger Free Ky Day 2019 will be Wednesday, February 20th.
#HungerFreeKyDay #FeedingKY #F2FB
Anti-hunger advocates from across Kentucky will come together to share their expertise with policy makers, provide a voice for struggling Kentuckians, and advocate for increased resources to fight hunger in Kentucky.
Location: State Capitol Building
700 Capital Avenue
Click here to view the day’s agenda.
Click here to register for Hunger Free Kentucky Day 2019.
There is no cost to participate in the event and breakfast is provided. Lunch will be on your own in the Annex Cafeteria. Don’t forget to wear orange, the color of hunger-relief!
For more information contact us at email@example.com or 859-986-7422.
Thank you for making Hunger Free Kentucky Day 2018 a success!
150 anti-hunger advocates from across Kentucky came together at the state Capitol on January 17th, 2018 to be a voice for our struggling neighbors. Some highlights of the day:
- Our team met with more than 70 state legislators to share reports on how food banks and farmers alike benefited from the Farms to Food Banks program in their district.
- Governor Bevin proclaimed Farms to Food Banks Month in Kentucky.
- Resolutions of 1/17/18 being Hunger Free KY Day were adopted in the Kentucky House and Kentucky Senate.
- Food pantry representatives gave the opening prayer in the House and in the Senate.
- The Rotunda was turned orange, the color of hunger relief, as we heard from Governor and First Lady Bevin, Attorney General Andy Beshear, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, Commissioner of Agriculture Ryan Quarles, KY Senate Agriculture Chairman Paul Hornback, KY House Agriculture Chairman Richard Heath, Julie Abbott with St. Matthews Area Ministries, and Dana Reed with Reed Valley Orchard.
Click here to see a video of the rally from the Office of Governor Matt Bevin.
See more photos here.
Together, we can solve hunger in Kentucky!